For over 140 years Ingersoll Rand® has been committed to technological progress through leading brands such as Club Car®, Thermo King®, Trane® and ARO®. Ingersoll Rand® translates this passion for innovation into the research and development of new industrial productivity techniques in fields as diverse as shipbuilding and the automotive industry, thus improving our customers’ energy efficiency, productivity and operations.
We are looking to hire a Project manager – German/English fluent, EMEIA M/F based in Bailly-Romainvilliers (77), France to orchestrate special machine projects (ergonomic handling and assembly systems) from the formulation of the request to project closure, while guaranteeing customer satisfaction (costs, deadlines, quality) in leading and innovative industries (automotive, aerospace) in the Europe, Middle East, Africa, India (EMEIA) zone.
Your main responsibilities are:
- to provide technical support to the Sales Force during the need identification phase and collaborate with the sales force to define technical solutions.
- to review technical requirements of the proposal and collect the necessary technical data from the customers.
- to work with the Engineering team to develop the detailed plan and nomenclature. If necessary, you may search and manage local suppliers for the manufacturing or machining of handling systems. You will manage the procurement process (engineering, procurement, assembly, approval).
- to communicate with customers regarding the approval of conceptual drawings. – to validate the technical proposal (adequacy if necessary, safety), the costing (margin) and the time required to build the special machines, modifying the data if necessary.
- to orchestrate the final commissioning and updates of changes after installation. You will provide technical reports and documentation as required.
- Experience in project management in an industrial environment, and in project management methodologies (PERT, Critical Path, PRINCE2, PMI certification), ideally.
- Fluency in English and German. French is a plus
- Bsc or Msc degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Automation, with solid knowledge of existing CAD systems (Catia or SolidWorks)
- The role requires 15% travel, and is based in Bailly-Romainvilliers (77) (East Paris Area).
- You are solution-oriented and know how to deal with unforeseen or successive complex situations, demonstrating tenacity, proactivity and resilience.
- You are methodical and innovative and like to actively participate in leading change and continuous improvement actions.