Discover what it means to work at one of the world’s most innovative, diversified industrial companies, where progress begins with you.
At Ingersoll Rand, we empower our employees to:
- inspire progress every day
- offer countless opportunities
- promote international careers
Join us now!
We are looking to hire a German & English speaking Project manager (M/F) based in Bailly-Romainvilliers (77), France to handle special machine projects (ergonomic handling and assembly systems) from the formulation of the request to project closure, while guaranteeing customer satisfaction (costs, deadlines, quality) in leading and innovative industries (automotive, aerospace) mainly in France, Germany and UK.
Your main responsibilities are:
- to provide technical support to the Sales Force during the need identification phase and collaborate with the sales force to define technical solutions.
- to review technical requirements of the proposal and collect the necessary technical data from the customers.
- to work with the Engineering team to develop the detailed plan and nomenclature. If necessary, you may search and manage local suppliers for the manufacturing or machining of handling systems. You will manage the procurement process (engineering, procurement, assembly, approval).
- to communicate with customers regarding the approval of conceptual drawings / design.
- to validate the technical proposal (adequacy if necessary, safety), the costing (margin) and the time required to build the special machines, modifying the data if necessary.
- to orchestrate the final commissioning and updates of changes after installation. You will provide technical reports and documentation as required.
- 170 to 200 projects per year
- Projects’ duration: 14 to 16 weeks on average
- Complexity 3 on 5 (on average)
- Ideally: Experience in project management in an industrial environment, and in project management methodologies (PERT, Critical Path, PRINCE2, PMI certification).
- Junior accepted, we can train you
- Fluency in English and German. French is a plus
- Bsc or Msc degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Automation, with solid knowledge of existing CAD systems (Catia or SolidWorks)
- The role requires 15% travel, and is based in Bailly-Romainvilliers (77) (East Paris Area).
- You are solution-oriented and know how to deal with unforeseen or successive complex situations, demonstrating tenacity, proactivity and resilience.
- You are methodical and innovative and like to actively participate in leading change and continuous improvement actions.